Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Food, Inc. : A Disturbing Exploration of the Food Industry with Food, Inc.

I am grateful that my awareness of health-promoting (as well as health-destroying) foods continues to expand. In-general, I try to eat local and organic vegetables and eat local, pasture-raised meats. I know that my food choices have impacts that reach far beyond my kitchen table. This awareness and these habits are part of my amazing evolution. I can’t explain how I’ve learned what I know, other than to say it’s the result of my quest for wholeness, via my desperate search for wellness. I don’t claim to be an expert, but am learning that everything that I eat has a profound effect on the way I feel, and the way I live.

So, when my son recommended the documentary, “Food, Inc.”, I popped it into my Netflix que and waited patiently for November 3, the DVD release date.….got it today and watched it this evening. Director Robert Kenner takes us on a disturbing exploration of the big food industry, and the plight of American farmers who are trying to do the right thing. For those of you looking for a healthier lifestyle, or who are open to learning more about eating locally and organically, the movie provides plenty of information and motivation for making positive changes in your food habits.

Hope you’ll check out the website and the trailer.  /http://www.foodincmovie.com/
Please also pass this information to friends and family...it's that important. 

Take good care,
Jane

PS If you like Food Inc., you might also like the documentary “Super Size Me”….similarly compelling, with a bit of humor.

Have you seen Food, Inc.?  What did you think?

No comments: